HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY || 3 RECIPES


Today truly is a day for celebration, my sweet readers!  The resurgence of my blog and YouTube channel has fallen concurrently with one of our country's most important holidays, Memorial Day.  It is today that we gather around beaches and pools, picnic tables and family, in order to give reverence to and celebrate the lives of the fallen soldiers who make this country so great.

By the time you're reading this, I will have started my own Memorial Day holiday with an early morning hike up Stone Mountain in NC with a few close friends.  Following the trek, we will be returning to my church's evening picnic dinner.

As a vegan of 2.5 years now, I know well enough to attend said picnics and gatherings with my own provisions prepared.  In fact, being able to share with other attendants is one of my favorite parts of the events, because it allows me to gauge the unbiased opinions of omnivores.
In the spirit of sharing, I am thrilled to be able to bring to you my latest YouTube video along with the three full recipes in this post.  Be sure to check them out, and feel free to take some inspiration for your next holiday gathering!

THE VIDEO:



THE RECIPES:



PIGS IN A BLANKET

Ingredients: 
     2 Pillsbury Crescent Roll Tins
     1 Package SmartLife Vegan Hot Dogs

Directions:
     Cut hot dogs in half
     Roll each weiner starting at the wide end
     Cook rolls according to package directions


GREEK-STYLE PASTA SALAD

Ingredients:
     1 14oz can artichoke hearts
     1 6oz can sliced olives
     1 box Garden Rotini
     1/4 c Goddess Dressing (from Trader Joes) or Greek-Style dressing
     Sun-dried tomatoes for topping
     Freshly cracked black pepper
     Nutritional yeast for topping

Directions:
     Cook pasta according to package directions
     Rinse, drain, and dice artichoke hearts
     Mix all ingredients together and top according to preference
     Chill to store


FIREWORK JELLO POKE CAKE

Ingredients:
     1 box cake mix (check ingredients)
     1 tub frosting
     1 box gelatin-free jello
     12 oz carbonated drink
     Food coloring of your choice

Directions:
     Bake cake according to package instructions
     Poke round holes into cooled cake
     Pour boiling water into jello mix
     Immediately pour mixture onto cake
     Ice cake with frosting
     Make dots with food coloring and pull out to make rays
     Chill and let firm


Hope you have a great holiday weekend!

Much Love,
Sydney Schamay xx
   

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. All of that looks yummy too! Your video is awesome! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, I want it out of my laptop now, can't wait to taste it... thank you for this article. Please go through mine also Mathematics Guide

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read. I learn new information from your article, you are doing a great job. Keep it up and look at the article for Complete Guide to Trade-in Car

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!! these tips may help me for future.
    NEET Exam Pattern

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top