Summer Reading 2014 / SBL Series!

First of all, let me put something out there.  BOOK PHOTOGRAPHY IS SO DIFFICULT.  Because of that, excuse the fact that these pictures aren't exactly works of art. 

I thought it would be fun to show you some of the books I plan to read this summer as a part of my Summer Bucket List series.  I've also filmed and uploaded a YouTube video explaining more about these books and why I've chosen them.  It'll be linked at the end of this post.

1.  The first books I have are both written by John Green.  After reading The Fault in Our Stars, I'm excited to read some of his other books.  I've heard great things about Looking for Alaska.  Hopefully I will enjoy these books as much as I did TFIOS.


2.  I KNOW I'M CRAZY.  I haven't read all of the Harry Potter books.  I've already reread books 1 and 2.  I'm currently reading the third book and it is SOOOOO GOOD.  I'm currently in a big fantasy mood so these are incredible.  

I'm participating in a Harry Potter read-a-long called Summer of Spells through Goodreads.  It was created by some awesome YouTubers.  If you are interested in reading the books and want in on the discussion, check it out!



3.  After reading Save the Date, I was so excited to find Caribbean Cruising at my local bookstore.  These are both little 'pocket book' contemporaries.  I would recommend reading Save the Date if short little romances are your thing.  

I'm saving Caribbean Cruising to read on my cruise to the Bahamas later this month (tiny scream of excitement).  I feel sure it'll be a sweet little read!


4.  Classics always seem to intimidate me, but The Island of Dr. Moreau just seems so interesting.  After reading the YA retelling, The Madman's Daughter, I was itching to read the classic. 

The Madman's Daughter is told from the perspective of Dr. Moreau's daughter.  Dr. Moreau lives on an island where he genetically modifies animals through a process called vivisection (dissection while the animal is still alive).  If you are ever in the mood this summer for a creepily interesting read, definitely check it out!


5.  My final two books are a bit embarrassing.  You are correct that I have not yet finished neither Mockingjay nor Allegiant.  Hopefully this summer I can catch up on all of these series I have to finish.  Sadly, both endings have been spoiled for me.  That's why I was never really in a rush to read these.


Hopefully I can get through all of these this summer!  It's quite the lengthy list, but I'm confident I can manage.  I will most likely do some sort of wrap up at the end of the summer about what books I really did read.  I also may do a few reviews if there are any I feel are review-worthy.



I hope you have an awesome day!  Until next time...

Sydney x

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Great video blog! Inspiring me to read more!

    Love you,
    Aunt Jo Jo : )

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top