Vegan Sweet Potato Enchiladas


Hello!  I'm glad you've decided to visit my blog today.  I've got a special little recipe just for you - Sweet Potato Enchiladas!

They're incredibly delicious and VEGAN!  If you're worried about not being full on a vegan lifestyle, try starches.  They keep you nice and satisfied for a long time and they're full of good carbohydrates that give you lots of energy.

I've even made a video to guide you through the cooking process.  Check it out in the embedded link.



Here's the recipe I've adjusted for your use.  Don't forget to check out the pictures of the finished product at the end.

Ingredients

1 can corn (no salt added, drained)
1 can black beans (no salt added, drained)
1 can petite diced tomatoes (no salt added)
2 cans tomato sauce
2 sweet potatoes
1 cup dry brown rice
Tortillas
Onion powder (or onion)
Garlic powder (or garlic)
Chili powder
Cumin
Black pepper

Directions

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2.  Create filling by mixing corn and beans.
3.  Cook brown rice according to directions and mix into filling.
4.  Poke holes in sweet potatoes and wrap them in a damp paper towel.  Place in the microwave for 4 minutes.  Peel and dice the sweet potatoes.  They should be soft enough to cut through easily but not turn to mush.  Add to filling.
5.  Place the filling in a large pan on medium low and add all spices to your liking.  I would be especially generous with the onion/garlic powder and cumin.  These spices are also adjustable.  Add what you'd like!  Let cook until you've finished the sauce.
6.  In a separate pot, add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.  Mix in all the spices you used in your filling.  Again, the specific amounts and spices you choose to use are all up to you.  I'd just advise taste testing.  Cook on low until warm.  It should take 5-10 minutes.  Add 1/3 - 1/2 of the sauce into the filling.
7.  Coat the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish with a light layer of the tomato sauce to prevent sticking.
8.  Fill each tortilla with the filling until you've used it all and lined the entire dish.
9.  Coat the top of the tortillas with the remaining tomato sauce.
10.  Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.








Not too difficult, right?  It tastes amazing too!  Let me know if you give it a try or if you want me to share any more recipes.  I'd be glad to!

2nd semester has been pretty stressful lately, and I meant to get this up way earlier.  I apologize for my absence.  However, I've got a few things coming including my much anticipated vegan update.  It should be up in the next week.

Hopefully there will be a snow day this week when I can film another recipe and get some other things going for the blog.  I'm so glad I get to share this experience with my readers.

I hope you have an amazing week and are encouraged to spread love in this world.

I love you all!
Sydney xx

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks really good! Enjoyed the video... so professional hon! : ) I want to try this recipe... it looks really yummy! Looking forward to more updates.

    Love you bunches,
    Aunt Jo Jo : )

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top